Administrative Support Specialist, Legal Department
- Job ID:
- 10 Brookline Place West,
- Administration Support/Customer Service
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- Onsite:Up to 1 day remote/wk
Administrative Specialist II provides a variety of administrative functions to the Legal Department. Interfaces regularly with senior management, physicians, internal and external clients, and outside legal counsel which require considerable tact and diplomacy. Position reports to the Legal Department Program Manager and supports four to six department team members at any time.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates scheduling intricate meetings and oversees complex calendar management for multiple Legal Department team members.
- Utilizes various software, including Microsoft Office Suite, to produce reports, spreadsheets, presentations, and other documents as needed.
- Shares general office duties including, but not limited to ordering office supplies, screening phone calls, faxes and mail, and providing back-up support to other department administrative team members.
- Drafts correspondence, reviews documents, and maintains and updates standard contracts and forms as needed.
- Assists with medical records requests, subpoenas, and performs legal research.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience working in a legal, medical, or scientific research setting or comparable technology-oriented business environment preferred. Should be a Notary Public or be willing and eligible to become a Notary Public. Ability to perform duties in a hybrid setting, working both remotely and onsite as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple electronic calendars and organize complex meetings.
- Ability to balance, coordinate and execute multiple assignments and to prioritize workload.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, independence, and responsiveness is essential.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Computer skills required include, but are not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) with strong computer literacy preferred.
- Ability to exercise judgment, discretion, and confidentiality with sensitive matters.
- Strong analytical, critical and creative thinking (strong problem-solving skills).
- Ability to deal with high stress situations in a diplomatic and professional manner and ability to show mature judgement.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy, and good judgment.
- Take initiative where appropriate.
- Writing, proofreading and drafting skills.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Ability to operate with complete autonomy, as needed.
- Ability to collaborate and work cooperatively and respectfully with attorneys and staff is imperative.
- Experience with basic legal research and ability to summarize findings in writing preferred.