- Job ID:
- 450 Brookline Ave,
- Administration Support/Customer Service
- Employment Type:
- Full time
Reporting to the Practice Manager, this mission critical position is responsible for administrative tasks that occur on a clinic floor including; scheduling appointments in accordance with the scheduling guidelines; liaising among patients/families/providers/leadership; utilizing institutional and technical knowledge to properly triage patient and provider requests. Enjoys working in a busy clinic setting, offering exemplary customer service, and managing complex high-volume scheduling tasks while balancing multiple real- time priorities.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Reporting to the Practice Manager and working under the guidance of the Lead Clinic Coordinator, this mission critical position is responsible for the following:
- Accurately schedules complex appointment sets across disciplines for oncology patients in accordance with scheduling guidelines
- Monitors scheduling reports to ensure accuracy in patient scheduling and to ensure optimization of resource utilization
- Maintains confidentiality of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Possesses strategic thinking skills, the ability to learn rapidly, multi-task, and adapt quickly to an ever-changing environment.
- Participates in training new team members as requested
- Delivers outstanding customer service to internal and external customers
- Timely, accurately and curiously responds to the needs of internal and external customers
- Ability to deescalate patient grievances, and maintain customer service standards, and involve floor leadership as necessary
Communication and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate across leadership levels and with varying audiences
- Synthesizes and communicates complex information in patient friendly terms
- Obtains detailed scheduling information face-to-face, by telephone, or electronically while performing check-in and check-out functions – i.e. triaging phone calls, double identifying patients, printing appropriate paperwork, coordinating complex schedules; acquiring and entering verbal orders
- Works effectively as a member of the team and across functional teams
- Fosters a sense of shared responsibility among the team
- Recognizes emergencies and appropriately responds using standard operating procedures
Regulatory Compliance and Quality Improvement:
- Compliance with DFCI policies and procedures
- Understanding their role and responsibility in obtaining successful Joint Commission accreditation
- HIPPA regulation compliance
- Completion of assigned AEU and Health Stream competencies
- Executes registration related processes including: Partners Patient Gateway Enrollment, MASS HiWay, Medicare Secondary Patient Questionnaire (MSPQ), Massachusetts Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (MOLST), and Release of Patient Information.
- Actively participates and provides constructive feedback on quality improvement projects
- Maintains a level of competency in all systems including: Epic, Real Time Locating System (RTLS), Outlook
- Actively engaged in system upgrades and effected operational changes
- Distribution, maintenance, after-use cleaning, and technical troubleshooting issues of patient-use iPads
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working in a customer service setting preferred.
- Proficiency in technology and complex computer systems required.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.