Clinical Specialist - Patient Education Program
- Job ID:
- 450 Brookline Ave,
- Employment Type:
- Part time
- Work Location:
- Full Remote: 4-5 days remote/wk
Provides clinical expertise in the development and implementation of patient education content and is a key member of DFCI Patient and Family Education Committee.
- Synthesizes and translates clinical content to enhance patient and caregiver experience based on advanced knowledge of the etiology of cancer, and/or its treatments, the rationale for treatment, patient and family responses and needs, and associated medical or nursing interventions.
- Provides expertise and consultation across the Institute in the assessment of patient and family learning needs, provision of educational strategies and evaluation of teaching strategies for general and specified oncology patient populations.
- Thoroughly researches clinical topics using an evidence-based approach and keeps detailed documentation of properly sourced creditable references.
- Correlates the clinical research to create or update teaching materials.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required.
- Master’s degree in nursing or related field required.
- 5 years of recent oncology experience required.
- Leadership and education experience required.
- Appropriate advanced practice nursing certification required.
- Oncology Nursing Certification from ONCC (OCN or other) preferred.
- Evidence of professional publications preferred.