- Job ID:
- 20 Overland Street,
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- PTL Remote: 2-3 days remote/wk
With guidance from the Senior Director of Marketing, the Marketing Communications Manager develops and implements marketing strategies and tactics to increase awareness and utilization of Dana-Farber/Boston Cancer and Blood Disorders Center with prospective referring physicians and patient families and measures the results of all efforts.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with clinical and research staff to become a subject matter expert on the programs and capabilities of Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center
- Work collaboratively with clinical program leaders of Dana-Farber/Boston Childrens’ and marketing colleagues at Boston Children’s to develop comprehensive marketing strategies and tactics to build local, regional, national, and international volume and market share
- Implement tactics in support of marketing strategy including content development; editorial content calendar development and management; social media channel management; oversight of paid search campaigns; coordination of media opportunities and national/international conferences
- Support, facilitate and coordinate communications requests from faculty and staff, working collaboratively with digital, web, media teams at Dana-Farber and with Boston Children’s when appropriate
- Measure effectiveness of marketing initiatives and recommend optimizations based on analytics and drive implementation
- Create monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports to inform clinical department/division leadership of efforts in support of the program and the results.
- Manage marketing budget
- Collaborates with marketing and communications department leadership at Dana-Farber and Boston Children’s to build best practice methodology, infrastructure, and processes
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Works throughout the Institute and partner hospitals in a variety of settings with possible exposure to infectious disease through airborne transmission
Work requires regularly reaching and grasping objects above and below shoulder level and frequently reaching and grasping objects at shoulder level.
Work requires regularly grasping and fine manipulation with hands
Work requires regularly proofreading and checking documents for accuracy inputting/retrieving word/or data into or from an automated/computer system.
Work requires the ability to lift and move 20-30 lb boxes of collateral short distances at 1-2 events per year
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years of progressive experience in communications or marketing required.
- Experience and comfort interacting with senior level personnel including physicians and research scientists.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills and experience successfully managing several projects simultaneously
- Ability to solve problems and appropriately manage conflict
- Interest in and familiarity with science and/or medicine
- Ability to perform periodic weekend and evening work (a minimum of 3 per year).
- Occasional National or International travel (1-2 times per year
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.