Research Data Specialist - Breast Oncology
- Job ID:
- 450 Brookline Ave,
- Clinical Research
- Employment Type:
- Full time
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Research Data Specialist will support the clinical research program in the areas of data collection, computing, and database organization. Duties include the examination, synthesis, and evaluation of medical records; the abstraction and recording of pertinent medical information; and the monitoring of patient status. The Clinical Data Specialist will be responsible for the collection, management, and quality assurance review of patient clinical data.
- Evaluating and tracking the eligibility of all patients seen in the clinic for inclusion in the study.
- May assist or be responsible for consenting eligible patients in clinic.
- Maintaining on-going communications with Information Services and physicians and staff for data collection needs.
- Reviewing and abstracting the medical records for patients. Entering the clinical data into the Clinical Research Information Systems (CRIS).
- Accessing patient demographic and clinical information from the clinical systems. Entering information into the database.
- Reviewing data for quality and completeness using reporting software.
- Collaborating with principal investigators, IS staff, and clinic staff in the continued development of the CRIS system.
- Assist principal investigators and staff in the creation of data reports for quality assurance measures.
- Coordinates the collection, processing, organization, and storage of biological specimens including maintenance of electronic specimen tracking systems (STIP) and laboratory binders.
- May be responsible for IRB and regulatory submissions and maintenance of regulatory files.
- Reviewing and abstracting the medical records for patients and the monitoring of patient status pre- and post- transplant.
- Responsible for maintaining long-term outcomes data and locating past transplant patients who are long-term cancer survivors
- Reviewing data for quality and completeness and assisting with QI/QA of the transplant data base.
- Assist with preparation for accreditation of the DFCI Cellular Therapy program.
- Collaborate with the Transplant program in the continued development of data capture forms.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 0-1 year of related experience preferred. Experience working in a medical or scientific research setting or comparable technology orientated business environment preferred.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and external contacts.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to follow-through.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize workload.
- Must practice discretion and adhere to institutional confidentiality guidelines at all times.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.