- Job ID:
- 450 Brookline Ave,
- Administration Support/Customer Service
- Employment Type:
- Full time
The Clinical Scheduling Supervisor provides daily oversight and direction to a team of Clinical Scheduling Specialists (CSS) and Protocol Care Administrative Specialist (PCAS) to ensure all established patient scheduling is completed in accordance with DFCI scheduling guidelines and customer service standards. The Clinical Scheduling Supervisor reports to the Manager, Disease Center Operations.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in health administration or related field is strongly preferred, along with 2 years of related health care and/or customer service experience.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as the subject matter expert for all scheduling processes and procedures for assigned disease groups. Works with providers and Administrative Directors to develop and implement workflows related to scheduling in compliance with standard scheduling practices. Keeps all documentation, tools, and resources for staff up to date.
- Proactively reviews scheduling orders and sets priorities for CSS based on patient impact. Manages scheduling deadlines and delegates work to staff as needed. Uses judgement to escalate to leadership when a deadline is at risk.
- Develops and maintains staff schedules, and develops contingency plans for scheduled and unscheduled absences.
- Acts as the primary resource for staff for all questions related to patient scheduling. Serves as the first point of escalation for complex scheduling issues, including those involving appointments with more than one provider, procedures and/or imaging.
- Manages all stakeholder communications and expectations pertaining to patient scheduling. Provides regular updates to disease center leaders and clinical directors on program progress, successes and areas for improvement or adjustment. Works closely with the New Patient and DFCI Welcome Center teams to share cross-functional information.
- Ensures all scheduling is completed efficiently while striving to provide excellence in the patient contact experience. Leads small scale process improvement efforts and monitors key performance indicators. Monitors processes so that correct special billing and revenue processes function properly.
- Troubleshoots a wide variety of issues that arise related to patient scheduling. Triages complaints to Patient and Family Services department as needed and works to resolve issues to patient/family’s satisfaction.
- Uses discretion to recognize emergencies and resolve issues. Engages leadership when appropriate.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises team of Clinical Scheduling Specialists and Protocol Care Administrative Specialists. Responsible for recruiting, onboarding, and training of staff. Provides regular coaching and feedback. Manages staff performance and conducts annual reviews. Collaborates with Human Resources on policies and procedures, leave administration, employee relations and corrective action process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Effective communication kills
Customer Service Oriented
- Conflict Management
- Relationship Builder
- Technically Credible
- Team Builder
- Problem Solver