- Job ID:
- 450 Brookline Ave,
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- Remote: occasional time on campus
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is on a multi-year effort to centralize and subsequently manage all Institute content into an Enterprise Content Management System (ECMS). Initially, we are partnering with an integration partner to design and implement a modular, scalable system with two initial department implementations. Over time, our goal is to bring all departments onto the one, unified platform and enable publishing to all modalities via this centralized resource.
The Senior Technical Product Owner will be a technical product owner who will co-own and direct the evolution of the Enterprise Content Management System (ECMS) platform. Supporting the Information Systems and Digital Communications teams, as well as all the departments leveraging the system, this role oversees technical enhancements of the system, ongoing maintenance and ensures technical and security compliance with best practices within the Institute. This position reports to the Associate Director of Digital Technology.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS, and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
This position's work location is fully remote with occasional time on-campus in Boston, MA. The selected candidate may only work remotely from a New England state (ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define, manage, and execute a product roadmap in collaboration with SMEs and business stakeholders across the institute.
- Establish and drive agile practices to manage the technical content management portion of the enterprise-wide digital transformation efforts.
- Build and manage enterprise content management system technical roadmap to support strategic and operational initiatives aligning with product vision.
- Responsible for defining and prioritizing the product backlog and ensuring its visibility to business stakeholders and leadership.
- Develop information awareness across the organization to empower stakeholders to make data-driven decisions.
- Attend and actively participate in agile team ceremonies.
- Understands architecture, solutions, and platforms supporting digital transformation efforts working with infrastructure and development engineers.
- Create a culture of operational excellence where teams embrace DevOps philosophies and practices.
- Define and manage platform success KPIs.
- Drive technical design discussions, understand technical dependencies, and communicate requirements to engineering teams.
- Have end-to-end experience ownership, including taking final decisions on product functionality.
- Stay on top of all relevant healthcare and consumer technology trends.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Broad technical knowledge, likely from previous experience as solution architect or senior engineer
- Ability to effectively translate complex business requirements to functional requirements
- Ability to work with minimal direction from leadership and to learn quickly
- Experience working with a web content management system (Acquia and Drupal a plus)
- Experience managing external vendor relationships and work product
- Strong ability to cross collaborate among numerous key stakeholders
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and mentoring skills, rapidly building trust and positively influencing others at all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical skills
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of stakeholders that may include cancer clinicians, leaders, researchers, staff, patients, caregivers, and others
- Ability to communicate and work with developers to ensure that acceptance criteria is understood and applied
- An intellectual curiosity for learning new skills and modeling a culture of continuous learning, mentoring and coaching
- JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams skills
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5 years of working with enterprise content management platforms required
- 5 years of experience in product management or product owner focused on digital platforms required
- 3 years of experience analyzing data using tools and understanding of database design required
- A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Certified Product Owner (CSPO)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience in Agile product development approach
- Experience with JIRA as an Administrator
- Understanding of digital analytics and web development
- Previous experience working at or in Healthcare environments
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.